Ukuleles are known to be the best instrument at the initial stage of learning string instruments. In recent times, however, we’ve come to realize that parents even go to the extent of buying ukuleles for their babies just to get them preoccupied with it. And at this course of enticement, they probably might become “addicted” to it and might need it as they grow older. Of course, at this stage, a best concert ukulele is what they actually need.
Concert ukuleles are longer than soprano ukuleles as their standard sizes are 23” and 21” respectively. In other words, kids in their teenage years are mostly found using a ukulele, although a minority of adults use this also, why?
Because the spaces between the strings are mostly found petite and this makes it quite difficult for them to strum it effectively, especially on professional levels except if their fingers are flat and they themselves are accustomed to its use already.
Please note that ukulele is different from guitars both in exterior features and performance. However, they are all kinds of a string instrument that you might love to lull yourself to a pleasant time-spent.
Nevertheless, provided you need a quality concert ukulele, then you can just check the index below to opt for any of your choices.
Our Picks of 10 Best Concert Ukulele Reviews:
It has a concert size and undoubtedly one of the top-notch when it comes to sound production. The acoustic instrument is crafted with hands and while this was being done, it passed through a series of examinations.
At the course of this examination, that’s where abalone—style rosette was being imbibed. Meanwhile, the abalone-style rosette embodies an ivoroid body with a fingerboard finishing.
This design intrigues anyone to become enticed including children. The string, on the other hand, are Aquila nyglut strings and very easy to strum.
It has a satin finish and the brand also make some models available for the purchase of ukuleles of different sizes. They also render assistance that anyone would love so as to augment their knowledge in the use of the ukulele. And guess what? Buyers all around the globe are raving about this because of its uniqueness.
It’s thick and can be trusted with children to use for a long period of time. After all, this is one that costs less than $100.
- The dimension of this product is 24 x 6.5 x 10 inches and it weighs 4 pounds.
- This features Mahogany is used for its construction both head and neck.
- This features an ivroid binding for superb and consistent sound production.
- The product consists of mahogany, spruce, ovangol, spalted cedar, and acacia.
- This features 35mm nut width and 375mm scale length.
- The product is absolute responsive to plays and it’s highly affordable.
- Although the acoustic instrument doesn’t come with accessories, yet it’s highly functional and reliable.
Not only does this comes with a pocketed gig bag, but a DVD disk and a clip-on tuner. However, the wood that’s made in the construction of this is called Nato.
NATO is absolutely best for it because it’s lightweight and strong. As a matter of fact, the ukulele is not only made of NATO but it has rosewood on it.
The rosewood is found at its bridge and fingerboard so as get a crisp sound. Of course, there is a white binding on it so as to enhance its performance.
What would amuse you is the fact this comes with a piece of cloth. With this cloth, you can utilize this to maintain absolute cleanliness at any given period.
The instrument has a red-tinted part on it and the scaling that it has on it is 15”. Just like any other concert ukulele, the size is the same (23”). Nevertheless, the number of strings that it has on it is 4 and it’s absolutely distinct.
- The dimension of this product is 26.5 x 13 x 4.5 inches and it weighs 2.25 pounds.
- It’s a ukulele with a concert size. The width of its nut is 1.4” while the back and sides are made of NATO. The fingerboard is made of rosewood and it looks super-amazing.
- This product has 18 frets on it.
- The accessories that it has includes a clip-on tuner, DVD, and a gig bag.
- This is a quality product but very functional.
- This product is modern, an iteration version of the obsolete ones that are produced by the manufacturer.
- The manufacturer has other models of the same/different size from this.
Indeed, it consists of quite a lot of materials/components. In fact, some that come with it are Abalone (which is used for its binding), rosewood, natural gloss tuner, and so on.
Seeing this for the very first time, you would definitely be intrigued. The top is made of laminated spruce while the back and sides are made of laminated rosewood.
The fingerboard and the bridge are also made of rosewood. However, all these are put in place so that users can achieve a great sound.
And guess what? It’s lightweight. It uses Aquila strings and with the proper tuning, you would achieve a bright sound even at “g” or “c” note.
Nonetheless, this doesn’t produce sound on high-pitch. That’s why it’s expedient that it should be used for practicing only. However, what’s special most about it is its inimitable design.
- The dimension of this product is 25 x 10.9 x 4.1 inches and it weighs 2 pounds. The color that it has is natural.
- This product consists of fascinating components that make up the acoustic equipment by itself.
- This product features abalone rosette and purfling.
- It’s a concert ukulele that can easily be saved and used for a long period of time.
- This has 12 frets on it.
- Although it doesn’t come with accessories, yet its use is awesome.
- The policy that the manufacturer put in place is absolutely awesome and they are astute to calls. So, it’s a product that you can trust.
This ukulele has a body structure just like the world-famous Hawaiian Koa’s shape. That is, it comprises of a Nyatoh neck and rosewood fingerboard.
Apart from that, this has a Grover chrome tuner. Indeed, the bridge also is made of rosewood so as to produce a good sound.
And finally, gloss finish is used for its finishing. There are 16-fret on this and they all aid users to maintain a significant tone for a long period of time. It has a concert size though buyers can order for other products of different sizes by contacting the manufacturer.
However, the scaling for this is 15” and it’s absolutely awesome to use. Although this doesn’t come with an accessory, yet you can order one that has. It has the same futuristic just like any other product. It’s just one that anyone can comfortably use, trust me.
- The dimension of this product 24.2 x 12.2 x 3.7 inches and it weighs 2 pounds.
- This uses a 16-fret and lightweight to lug from one place to another.
- It has a Hawaiian Koa style and it’s properly made.
- This product is affordable and absolutely easy to use.
- The company offers a lifetime warranty to the purchase of the product.
- This is a concert ukulele that can easily be used.
- The instrument produces bass sound. It’s ample thick and it has a durable futuristic.
- This is an affordable instrument that you’d use for a long period of time.
The Luna’s concert ukulele is also known as the tattooed ukulele. It has the symbolism of Hawaiian tradition of it on. The marks on it were laser etched together with pores on it. Of course, the color that it’s made up of is mahogany.
The fretboard, on the other hand, is made of rosewood. This is not an electric acoustic instrument, it’s a ukulele that’s made of mahogany both at its top and neck.
Just like other products, this features 18 frets which are capable to boost the resonate sound. In addition, the design on the ukulele enumerate the wonders on the Hawaiian island.
It depicts the livelihood pattern of the aquatic animals on the island. And guess what? It can be tuned in G, C, E, A just like the conventional ones.
The fingerboard and bridge that this has is walnut. This option won’t “pain” your hands. This comes in as a bare acoustic instrument, however, you’d find some that comes with accessories.
The instrument is not pricey and the intensity of the sound that it produces is awesome. This features an open gear. With the aid of this, you can achieve your note at whatever level that you need. This is just one that you’d love to use if at all, you need a concert ukulele that is manufactured with discreet.
- The dimension of this product is 24 x 9 x 3 inches and it weighs 1.3 pounds.
- The wood used for the construction of its neck and back is mahogany while rosewood is used for the fretboard.
- It’s tattooed with respect to Hawaiian Polynesian style. The marks enumerate endurance and landmark existence of the Island.
- This comes with an opened gear and it’s safe to use.
- It resonates good sound with its Aquila strings that are easy to strum.
- This is lightweight and absolutely easy to use with the gig bag.
This actually made it to our list due to the high-quality materials that are used for its construction. For example, we’ve realized as researchers that ukulele that uses Ox bone for their nut and bridges often make a better resonance.
Not only that, but they produce also sounds at high intensity. Definitely, this prompted us to prefer this over others of equal attributes.
Furthermore, the ukulele itself has eccentric looks. The gear that this uses is closed. With this, the level of alteration is constant sound production is low.
Also, it uses Aquila strings and the gear that it also uses is plated with silver. The design would intrigue you, you know why?
The body (side & back) is made of zebrawood while the neck is made of mahogany. The fingerboard, on the other hand, is made of rosewood.
Notwithstanding, the strings are 381MM long. The width of the string, however, is 1.66mm. The string is easy to strum and resistant to rust.
The string instrument comes with a gig ‘soft’ bag that you can comfortably save your ukulele into. The gig bag has a handle and it’s tear-resistant to a maximum extent. In conclusion, this is a concert ukulele that you can use with ease and even lug around with unadulterated comfort.
- The dimension of this product is 25.4 x 9.4 x 3.7 inches and it weighs 2.25 pounds.
- The 4 strings that these uses are made by Aquila.
- The patent pressure convex design is used in the design of the instrument.
- The materials that the instrument is made up of rosewood, mahogany, zebrawood, and so on.
- There are tuning pegs on it that aids in the stable resonance of the sound production.
- You can depend on it for a very long period of time.
- It’s not pricey.
Launch out for this concert ukulele that is 24” long. It provides upgraded futuristic and conveniences while using it. This is a concert ukulele that has all the accessories that you hanker for as an individual.
Guess what? This comes with a strap and a well-stitched gig bag that has a handle on it.
Indeed, the walnut, bone nut, bone saddle, Aquila nylgut strings, and mahogany all make the instrument reliable. As a matter of fact, quite a lot of individuals have used it and they’ve accolade it for its quality.
The manufacturer failed to relent in their services as they set up a fee tutorial for beginners (you can contact the manufacturer for more info on this).
Furthermore, the fret-binding that this uses is magnificent. It has an ABS binding and the wooden part of the fingerboard is made of NATO.
There is also a rosette that aids in protecting users while strumming the ukulele. It can comfortably be cleaned easily and saved.
However, it’s expedient that the ukulele is used continually so as to adequately stretch the strings so as to producing good sounds.
- The dimension of this product is 20.7 x 7.1 x 2.8 inches and it weighs 14.1 pounds.
- The uses a compensated saddle while the bridge uses an OX bone.
- It comes with a gig bag, strap, colorful picks, and so on.
- The instrument is a concert ukulele that’s lightweight but produces sound at high volume.
- The manufacturer offers a free tutorial class for buyers every day.
- The strings, the components are all durable.
The colour that it has on it is trans-wave blue and the material used for different strata on it is awesome. This is a product that you’d find mahogany, Nato, rosewood, zebrawood all making up the whole part.
It’s an art by Hokusai. Nonetheless, the number of frets that this possess is 20 and each of the frets is well bounded.
The fingerboard is made of rosewood while neck, top, and body are made of mahogany. Of course, the designed are very well dependable for optimal attraction and durability.
However, this ukulele uses open gear for its performance. It’s just one that you’d enjoy using trust me.
- The dimension of this product is 3 x 9 x 23 inches and it weighs 2 pounds.
- The product is made by one of the top leading brands in the world.
- It has a standard size of 23” just like any other concert ukulele.
- It’s lightweight and can be used for a long period of time.
- The manufacturer lay aside helpful policies that would intrigue buyers. Please, contact them separately for more information.
9. FLEA Ukulele
The shape that this product has is intriguing. It has an ergonomic structure. This has a Grover tuner on its head that’s inform of an apple.
The fingerboard, on the other hand, is made of polycarbonate and it’s highly reliable for long-term use.
As a matter of fact, this product is backed with a 30 days warranty with full money return. It can be saved easily and one can trust on its performance for a long period of time.
- The dimension of this product is 22.2 x 6.8 x 2.5 inches and it weighs 1 pound.
- The purchase of this product aids the company to go on humanitarian work.
- This product comes with a free gig bag.
- It’s lightweight and you can use it for a long period of time.
- There are ample spaces among the strings. In other words, it can be used flawlessly by kids and adults.
- The purchase of this product is reliable.
With the 18 frets that this is made of, you can diligently play on a high note. You can even use it to play any style of music.
The keys don’t hold for a long time at the initial but trust me, it would as time passes by. Of course, it’s also a concert ukulele that you can trust for its standard size.
- The dimension of this product is 34 x 5 x 14 inches and it weighs 2 pounds.
- This product uses Aquila strings and there are geared tuners on it likewise.
- Highly affordable and can be used by anyone.
- It’s a lightweight instrument that can be lugged easily from one place to another.
Buying Guide – How To Choose The Best Concert Ukulele?
The products that we listed here have different/same price tags. So, read the product descriptions that we’ve provided here and just click on the link below to make selections.
Nevertheless, don’t ever substitute the ultimate target that you look forward to seeing in a product with something else because of the price. However, make the right purchase by checking out all the tips that we’ve provided.
2. Availability of Necessary Features
The basics that you should look out for to seeing in every product is the string, fretboard, fret, bridge, material for construction, and so on.
Provided you’re a newbie, it’s expedient that make research on how this would help you achieve the sound that you want.
Buy products from manufacturers that you’re pleased with their policy. Of course, these products that are listed are from manufacturers that prioritize the comforts of buyers over theirs. In other words, you have nothing to worry about if you’re making any of these your purchase.
4. Type of Gear
The types of gear that you’d find are closed and open. The plain truth is that no difference between the two in terms of the result.
It’s just that you can prevent adulteration in sound in close gear than the latter. Nevertheless, with proper handling, one would still achieve the same result.
5. Number of Frets
This depends basically on the level of your expertise. Know what you’re capable of and gun for the best.
We’ve succeeded in providing you with the best concert ukulele. The writer explicitly reviewed the product one after the other and gave suggestions.
The writer also provided tips that would help anyone in making the right purchase. The piece is very comprehensible and reliable to use.